Trai Cartwright is a story channeler.
As a 30-year entertainment industry veteran and creative consultant, Trai is Colorado’s premiere storytelling resource. She is a popular writing instructor and editor who has taught across Colorado for film school, graduate programs, writer’s groups, and conferences.
Trai has worked one-on-one with thousands Colorado novelists and screenwriters as a teacher and editor, and as a psychic medium, is now providing very special extra guidance into the life of a creative soul.
It’s Trai’s belief that dedicating yourself to the development elements of storytelling is the key to the ultimate success of a project. She also believes that finding the right mentor and community is absolutely essential to speedy evolution, in-depth learning, and building your business and artistic foundation on compassion, wisdom, and the deepest connection with the soul.
While working in Hollywood, she:
• Consulted on thousands of screenplays.
• Worked as a Development Executive, Story Editor and Content Creation Manager for 20th Century Fox, HBO, Paramount Pictures, New Line Cinema, and Universal Studios.
• Wrote scripts for Academy- and Emmy-award winning producers including Peter Saphier (Deer Hunter, Scarface).
• In TV, she worked for the legendary TV writers Jay Tarses (“The Bob Newhart Show”), William Rabkin (“Monk”), and reality TV godfather Mike Darnell.
• Worked for Leonardo DiCaprio’s online entertainment venture.
• Produced three independent films (two uncredited).
• Was the Hollywood liaison for a massively multi-player online role-playing game company
• Manager of Fox Mobile Studios for 20th Century Fox.
• Development Executive at Prelude Pictures (Lost in Space, Black Dog).
• Optioned four of her own screenplays to Academy and Golden Globe-winning producers.
• Placed in the semifinals of major Hollywood screenwriting contests.
• Judged several of those major Hollywood contests.
• Studied fiction at the UCLA Writers Program.
• Mentored teen screenwriters for six years.
Since returning to her home state of Colorado, she has:
- Edited hundreds manuscripts and screenplays for clients, many of whom have gone on to be represented, published, or self-published.
Teaches at University of Denver’s Professional Creative Writing graduate program, and was the interim director of Western State Colorado University’s MFA, and built curriculum for and taught at the Colorado Film School and University of Colorado Denver.
Presented at nearly 100 Writers Conferences and events across the Front Range.
Co-Produced short films “In Time” in 2022 and “Sundown Road” in 2019
Associate produced local feature film “Stadium Anthems,” which was accepted to three film festivals.
Co-Producer of the pilot for “Hidden Tigers,” a docu-series by Red Unicorn Films, currently on the film festival circuit. (www.wearehiddentigers.com)
Commissioned as screenwriter for “Sugarcoated,” “Big Little Giants” and “Secret Ellington.”
Founding Board Member of Women in Film & Media Colorado, and recently retired President. www.wifmco.org
Founded a teen arts program (Explorati Teen Writers Boot Camp), which ran for 10 years.
Produced seven special events for Bas Bleu Theater, raising nearly $30,000.
Graduated from the University of California Riverside with an MFA in Fiction and Screenwriting, 2012.
Founded and ran the Colorado Script Exchange and the Colorado Smart Film Investment Coalition for 3 years.
Taught Screenwriting and Film Studies at UNC, Colorado Film School, FRCC, AIMS, and LCCC, as well as several private writers organizations and libraries.
Relaunched the Denver Screen Writers Meetup as the organizer of the oldest screenwriting organization in Colorado — 440 members strong!
Introduced a new business that speaks to Trai’s psychic medium skills, Story Channeler.
See Trai’s Film & Short Media productions here.
Trai’s Interviews and Publications are here.
- For all of Trai’s websites and businesses, go to www.linktr.ee/traicartwright
To see Trai’s complete CV, click here: Trai Cartwright.Academic CV.2021.